Page
of 3

Important News Minecraft 1.13 Update Status

21 replies
Votes:
+1,250
ENDERDRAGO...
Admin
As you've probably heard, the Admin team have been extremely busy over the past several months working on the 1.13 update for the servers. It's been a grueling few months.. this update has been one of the most difficult of all time! It's not just about the new ocean changes, mobs, items or game mechanics. There has been massive technical change "under the hood" that broke almost every plugin.

But the good news is all the hard work is starting to pay off! :d

» What's the current status of the 1.13 Update?

Firstly, it's important to note you cannot use 1.13.2 yet.. you must use 1.13.1 for now!
We're still working on 1.13.2 support, and it's coming soon...

Some servers have already been upgraded to 1.13 and most of them are working pretty well. As expected, nothing is perfect and there are still various issues here and there, but most things are workig pretty well. We're still tuning things and fixing bugs when we have time, but we have a lot of stuff to work on.. so it'll just take time.

Servers already upgraded to 1.13:
  • Hub: you can use any client from 1.7 to 1.13.1.
  • Hardcore: both worlds have been completely reset - only supports 1.13.1 for now.
  • Creative: existing worlds have been kept and upgraded - now supports 1.7 to 1.13.1.
  • Comp: all future comps will be 1.13.1

» Why wasn't Survival/Skyblock/Skygrid/etc updated first?

This has been a very long road and the order in which we are updating servers might seem strange, but there's a method to our madness. It's important to understand that with this update, we faced many extremely difficult technical challenges. There was a lot of development work involved before we could even run any 1.13 server at all. We knew early on that it made sense to start with Hardcore first because it was the easiest from a technical perspective. It has very few plugins, can be reset easily (players are used to losing stuff) and it's a relatively simple server.

As we continue upgrading more servers, we will progressively test more plugins with each new server upgrade. This is why we didn't try to tackle the largest servers first. We first had to get the basics working before proceeding with more complex servers, especially ones where the world needed to be upgraded (rather than reset).

» So what's happening with survival!??

This is a pretty controversial topic for everyone. I can assure you, we have spent a lot of time discussing concerns, weighing our options and also considering any technical issues. I know it's the question everyone has been asking, so here's the final answer:

Yes, there will be a full reset of the Survival server.
This includes market plots/items, all money, inventory items, homes, accrued claim blocks, unclaimed unscramble prizes.

(but you will keep any purchased claim blocks and donator features/benefits!)

We know this won't be a popular decision for everyone. We appreciate that some of you have spent an enormous amount of time building some truly amazing things! But.. we also haven't had a survival world reset since Minecraft 1.7 in 2014. It has lived a long life and many, many things have changed since then. Numerous members of Addstar MC have also stated that they welcome a reset and are excited to have a fresh start. We hope most of you will love exploring a new world and the underwater terrain from the Aquatic Update!

But can I keep my awesome build?? :o

Yes! For a limited time, we have a 50% discount on Build Download packages from our Donation Shop so you can download your favourite builds and keep them forever! If you purchase one, we can even copy it to your creative plot or claim (C1/C2)! :d

When is this all happening? And how?

We're still frantically updating plugins, generating the new world, preparing all the changes and then we'll have to run through a lot lot of testing.. but if all goes well, we hope to launch the new survival world in 3-4 weeks!
As we get closer, we will announce a "closing date" for the survival. On this date the survival server will close for a while, we'll run around like crazy people getting stuff working, and when the server is opened again (hopefully only a few hours later) only the new world will be accessible. From this point, you will not have access to the old world.

Will there be anything new in Survival?

We hope so! A reset is the perfect opportunity to introduce new and exciting aspects to survival and expand the capabilities of our current survival world. We are currently evaluating various plugins/tools/game mechanics to extend game play and add new ways to earn money :d Stay tuned! We'll let you know when we have decided what we're doing.

Will any other worlds be reset?

No. At this stage we don't see any reason to reset Skyblock, Skygrid, Prison or any other worlds. However, if we do face any technical issues which do require a world reset, we will be giving plenty of notice and would find a way to make the transition as smooth as possible. But we currently don't think there is a need to reset any other world.

We understand this will be upsetting or confusing for some in the community, so if you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please feel free to comment on this thread and we'll try to answer as soon as we can :)

- AddstarMC Team <3
Posted Nov 20, 18 · OP · Last edited 10 hours ago by add5tar
Love
List
Undo
Votes:
Will there be an opportunity to transfer items from old survival to new survival?
Posted Nov 20, 18
Votes:
+1,250
ENDERDRAGO...
Admin
wrote:
Will there be an opportunity to transfer items from old survival to new survival?

I'm really sorry, but as I mentioned in the post above:
> This includes market plots/items, all money, inventory items, homes, accrued claim blocks, unclaimed unscramble prizes.

We have no plans to allow any items to be transferred from the current world to the new one.
There has been discussion of possibly creating a way to transfer a small number of items, but this has not been agreed to yet and we don't even know how we would do this. If this does end up happening, we'll let everyone know.
Posted Nov 20, 18 · OP
Votes:
+80
SKELETON
I would like to say how much I appreciate all the hard work from the admins. This takes time away from their real life and their families.

I know some players will be upset but a fresh start is always great. I think that is what draws so many players to HC. What a great time to refresh the map. There is just so so many new things out there. So many new blocks. New challenges. Just a like starting a whole new game. But you have your experience of how to play the game. Your are great at your builds.
So it is not a whole loss.
Please join me in thanking all the mods and admins and all their families for all their efforts on working on this latest update for us to all have a whole lot of fun.

Thanks everyone.
Posted Nov 20, 18
Love
List
Undo
Votes:
+89
SKELETON
Good news! Thanks for all the hard work.

My only complaint would be the money not transferring as it would help to get back some of the lost items and villagers to get up and running again.
Posted Nov 20, 18
Votes:
+25
STEVE
Good work on a tough decision. A fresh start should be exactly that. A fresh start. Transferring money, items, or build simply accelerates the server to a broken economy.

We definately appreciate all the hidden work that is done behind the scenes to make the server work, and look forward to experiencing the 1.13 features without the HC risk of losing everything with a single misstep.
Posted Nov 21, 18
Love
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Well good luck but maybe wait till after your holiday to update :p
Posted Nov 22, 18
Votes:
+37
CHICKEN
does this mean the survival spawn will be reset as well?
Posted Nov 23, 18
Votes:
+69
SKELETON
does this mean the survival spawn will be reset as well?
As add5tar mentioned on Discord...
Spawn will mostly be the same.. but it will be somewhat updated and have some new features :)
Posted Nov 23, 18
Votes:
+1
Ive donated over $150, will i get my money back or will that stuff be given to me in the new survival world?
Posted Nov 23, 18
List
Undo
Page
of 3
Happy Birthday!
&
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Tue 01 Jan, 2019